Training Weeks for Roadies
For the road cyclists and who want more of a serious week, southern Spain is the perfect area to train for the Etape du Tour, cyclosportives and other long distance marathon events. The area is regularly used for the Vuelta à España as the Sierra Nevada is seen as a real challenge and it’s not unusual to see a pro team or two out here training in the mountains.
With Cádiar at 900 metres above sea level, we have a choice of rides that can take you up to 2000 metres or down to 0 metres (a dip in the sea is an option too!), and anything in between! We won’t forget you are on holiday.
We offer a training package that we advise regular cyclists to take because of the better value if riding every day, which includes 7 nights bed and breakfast, guided rides, vehicle support when needed, snacks and airport transfers from Granada, Almeria or Malaga.
We are unable to pick up flight arrivals after 9pm, so flights arriving later than this will require an overnight stay (at your expense) near the airport and will get picked up the following morning.
The price for this is £425 per person (does not include flights, insurance or evening meals).
- Airport transfers
- Fully guided rides
- Vehicle support when needed
- Excellent post ride snacks
- Unlimited tea, coffee and soft drinks
- All washing of kit, clothes etc
- Muesli bars for rides
- Some of the smoothest and quietest roads you will ever ride on (check the guest comments)
- Free wifi
- Sky TV for all the bike racing
- In-house bike repairs/servicing if you need it
- Unlimited wine and beer
- A lift back from the sea if we stop for a swim
- Excellent breakfast to get you through the ride
- Only ever small groups so you won't get left behind or feel intimidated
- Evening meals
Mojacar Training weeks
For January and February, we base ourselves in Mojacar, on the east coast, at a 4* hotel on the seafront, giving guests new and old a chance to ride somewhere different. Mojacar has a huge variety of routes including flatter coastal rides as well as the mountains not far inland. Unlike other coastal areas of Spain, Mojacar has stayed quiet, with traffic disappearing as you head inland. It is also becoming popular with pro teams and it's not unusual to be banging elbows at the buffet with the pros (last January it was Lotto Jumbo).
Our price is unbeatable for full board at only £495 per person based on 2 sharing.
Single room £595 per person.
- Full board with an excellent buffet, breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Airport transfers from Almeria and Murcia airports
- 4* facilities including indoor heated pool and gym
- Full vehicle support when needed
- Fully guided rides
- Garage and workshop
- Bike wash