Please post your comments here about your holiday at Vamos! Cycling in Southern Spain. We look forward to hearing what you have to say.
See you again soon. Gary and Sarah Williams.
Guest: Sunshine in the Alpujarras
Thank you for a fantastic two and a half weeks. The challenge of all the climbs and the spectacular descents and scenery made for an extraordinary cycling experience. Gary did a brilliant job of guiding me round routes which pushed me towards my limit, but not beyond. The food cooked by Sarah was always so good it always tempted me into eating more than I should. I really enjoyed the Spanish sportive too. Us Brits have a long way to go before our sportives match up. The tour to Granada and back was also brilliant. Time to see some of the sights and more fantastic cycling routes, what’s not to love. Thanks again for an amazing time!
Mark Rushton and Leonora Wells
Just wanted to say a belated thank you for a wonderful holiday. Thank you for looking after us so well and making us feel so welcome. We really enjoyed the beautiful routes, the delicious food and your company!
Thanks for a lovely holiday. Everything was great, could not be faulted. You clearly have given every aspect of it a lot of thought. Here are some of the things which spring to mind:
- good communication in the lead up, all queries quickly answered;
- web site description was accurate, however I think you could sell the evening meals more. The quality and quantity of your cooking, the free beer and wine, the lovely terrace views and good collection from the airport;
- great rides from Gary which he clearly tailored to our average ability, good pace setting on the climbs; good coffee and lunch stops, obviously well researched;
- house very clean, in a lovely setting and no tourists;
- local bars and restaurants with FREE tapas with drinks;
- good meals at local restaurants;
- friendly relaxed atmosphere in your house; the list goes on.
We are all having a great time telling our other cycling pals how fantastic it was so you never know you might get some of them across.
Scott Bentley - Dulwich Paragon
We have just come back from a training holiday in southern Spain with Vamos Cycling. I’ve never done anything like this before but I’ve got to say it was one of the best holidays I’ve ever had. We rode everyday and covered over 600kms with 9000m of climbing taking in some cat 1 climbs used on the Vuelta and great Sunday club run with his local club in Adra as well. Very reasonable, very quiet roads, excellent food and very welcoming, Highly recommended if you don’t fancy the usual french haunts.
Christian Rudolph - De Laune CC
Thanks so much for making our holiday so much fun. The sportif was fantastic, it was well organised and a great way to see another part of the country. None of the climbs came anywhere close to the pain inflicted by the more strenuous climbs we did in the Sierra Nevada’s. The miles we did with Gary certainly helped. Anyhow, thanks for a great week. I really enjoyed it. I’m sure we’ll return.